Report a storm water violation

Report a Violation

Help Protect Our Water!

Help us protect our water by reporting any illegal discharges or illicit connections.
An illegal discharge is a broader category of polluting or illegal dumping than an illicit connection. It refers to allowing any material that does not consist purely of storm-water into a drain or storm-water conveyance along a State HDOT Highway or baseyard, except for firefighting operations. Examples of illegal discharges include allowing yard debris, oil or automotive fluids, dirt, gravel and construction debris, etc. to enter the roadway drainage system.
An illicit connection refers to a physical connection to any State HDOT storm-water drain or conveyance. An example of an illicit connection might be a private home-owner installing pipes that direct laundry waste-water or roof drains into a HDOT manhole.


Please fill out the form below with as much detail as possible. If possible please provide an address of the location where the violation occurred, otherwise please describe using known landmarks, street names, or place names giving the exact location of the event. If you observed a suspicious activity, please include what you saw, and if possible, indicate who was involved.
To contact you for additional information, or if you would like us to contact you regarding the resolution of this issue, please fill in the information below. All information will remain confidential and will not be distributed.

Contact Form